The Energy Conservation Fellow will work closely with staff from the City of San José's Environmental Services Department supporting local and county-wide energy programs. The Fellow will gain firsthand experience and understanding of how community-wide sustainability initiatives are implemented through local government and strategic partnerships.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Benchmarking: Work with schools, local governments, and businesses in Santa Clara County and with PG&E to gather facility details, establish energy benchmarking data in Energy Star Portfolio Manager, and assist in the comparison of energy usage of facilities with benchmarked data.
2. Audit Coordination: Coordinate with PG&E, program partners, and building owners/managers to provide auditing of building envelope and building systems to identify potential energy efficiency improvements.
3. Implementation: Facilitate the implementation of energy-efficiency improvement measures in local government facilities and businesses. Assist in the tracking and reporting of program progress, including suggested improvements.
4. Communication: Communicate and coordinate with internal staff and external program partners/ stakeholders such as local government and school building owners/operators, PG&E, strategic partners, contractors, and community and business organizations to facilitate program objectives.
5. Marketing: Assist with outreach to promote program activities and uptake. Coordinate with the City of San José’s Communications Division on program marketing activities (e.g. website, social media, and collateral development).
6. Collaborative Partnerships: Communicate and coordinate with internal staff and external program partners / stakeholders such as local government building owners/operators, PG&E, partners, contractors, and community and business organizations to facilitate program objectives.
7. Stakeholder Engagement: Assist with in-person stakeholder engagement sessions to inform program development, assistance, and improvements.
8. Research and Presentation: Conduct research; organize and present program-supporting data, such as environmental impacts, in both written and verbal form.