Location: Brooklyn, New York
Work Environment: Hybrid
Term (approximate): December 1st, 2022 - September 30th, 2023
Benefits: Health care coverage, assistance with student loan deferments, professional development, industry networking, end-of-program certificate of completion.
Overview & Backtround
The world of energy is changing faster than ever. At National Grid, the work you do will touch lives and shape the way we use and consume energy for generations to come. Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry. To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. We’re planning, innovating, and working to be as vital and relevant as ever before for our customers and communities. Join us and be at the heart of clean energy transition.
About the Position
As the Associate Analyst, you’ll be a key member of the US Policy & Regulatory Strategy team that develops policy and regulatory positions to support a reliable, affordable and decarbonized energy future for our electric and gas customers in the Northeast US. National Grid is committed to achieving net zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2050 for our operations and the gas and electricity we sell to customers, consistent with our states’ climate laws. You will get a practical introduction to the utility business, build skills, understand the stakeholder landscape, and navigate the complexities of energy policy.
What You’ll Do
• Support analysis of energy policy issues and evaluate impacts of policies to National Grid’s customers, operations, and financials (across electric distribution, electric transmission, and gas distribution)
• Help develop policy strategies and plans that rapidly scale up low-carbon, efficient sources and uses of energy
• Prepare public-facing energy policy proposals, testimony and comments on proceedings and rulemakings
• Provide project leadership and content development, including quantitative analysis, drafting/writing and editing responsibilities
• Coordinate closely with internal strategy, sustainability, and operational teams to monitor and support initiatives that support achievement of GHG emissions reductions targets (corporate targets and policy targets)
• Support content development for presentations, conferences, and inquiries from both internal teams and external stakeholders, including media, general public, trade associations, etc.
What You'll Need
• Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Business, Policy, Environmental Science or related area
• Valid US driver’s license
It Would Be Awesome If You Have
• Prior experience working in the Energy industry, such as an internship
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis experience
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
SEI requires all employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.