The Climate Action and Sustainability Program Specialist will be engaged in a critical effort to help establish and progress climate action and sustainability measures for the California Community Colleges. The Fellow will be responsible for facilitating ongoing and new efforts that increase adoption of utility efficiencies, carbon reductions, cost savings and broader sustainability objectives.
Working under the general direction of Chair for the California Community College Climate Action and Sustainability Committee, the Fellow will be relied on to engage with diverse stakeholders. This inaugural role will require interest and skill in process improvement, program management, and engaging diverse audiences in behavior change for sustainability. The ideal candidate is engaging, technically adept, detail oriented, creative, and comfortable with ambiguity.
Who We Are
The Climate Action and Sustainability Committee is a group of interdisciplinary professionals from around the state that are dedicated to advancing climate action and sustainability policies, practices, programs and procedures in the Chancellor’s Office and in each of the 116 colleges throughout the state.
• Support Energy Star Portfolio Manager benchmarking efforts
• Establishing and expanding a community of practice for energy and sustainability goals; coordinating meetings, speakers, topical sessions and other engagements as necessary
• Building tools and metrics that facilitate uptake of sustainability measures
• Helping promote and educate on STARS
• Elevating and normalizing best practices to very diverse audiences
• Effectively collaborate others to standardize and improve sustainability indicators
• Experienced with program management and outreach
• Coursework in environmental management, sustainable business and/or organizational behavior
• Experienced in customer service and collaboration for change
• Insatiably curious and hungry to learn
• Driven to make education accessible to all
• Intrinsically motivated, innovative and flexible but also collaborative, detail oriented and systematic
SEI requires employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.