Do you want to be a part of an organization that is fighting climate change, accelerating electric innovation and reinvesting locally? Silicon Valley Clean Energy (SVCE) is the community choice electricity provider for 13 communities in Santa Clara County. By providing carbon-free electricity, SVCE has reduced local emissions by 24% from the 2015 baseline and is continuing to reduce emissions through innovative community programs focused on electrification of buildings and transportation.
Under staff direction, the fellow’s main tasks will be to develop, coordinate and plan SVCE’s youth climate engagement initiatives and DIY Energy Savings Toolkits. Other tasks include supporting the community relations team by engaging in community outreach to inform and engage residents and businesses to build awareness of Silicon Valley Clean Energy and available offers and services. This position also requires research and analytical tasks for projects and assignments that utilize specific and acquired academic skills and knowledge for a variety of outreach and marketing-related activities.
The work performed for this fellowship requires strong communication, public speaking, creative and independent research skills. Under the direction and guidance of staff, fellows will research opportunities to support outreach and business development.
The successful fellow will:
• Develop and coordinate youth climate engagement initiatives
• Perform tasks of an analytical or research nature for suitable projects or ongoing assignments which call for specific acquired academic skills and knowledge.
• Locate sources of information and collect and organize data, as directed.
• Assist with the development of written, graphic and/or oral reports and material.
• Create messaging and graphics for social media, write news releases, staff reports, newsletter articles, and other presentation materials.
• Attend virtual, and tentatively in-person, community events where SVCE is present (given that it is safe and in accordance with state and county COVID-19 guidelines to attend in-person events)
• Gain knowledge of community choice energy providers and of the energy industry as a whole.
Qualified candidates should be a recent graduate from an academic institution with a degree that will provide the specific skills and knowledge that will contribute to available work assignments.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who is passionate about learning, not afraid to be challenged and excited by the opportunity to apply acquired academic knowledge to real-world business endeavors.
The following skills are also highly desired:
• Exceptional writing skills
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Understanding and passion for the traditional and social media landscape
• Strong interviewing, public speaking and presentation skills
• Working with youth
• Graphic design skills highly desired
• Ability to work with a team, as well as independently motivated
• Passion to help build our brand while building your career
• Knowledge of Santa Clara County and its communities
• Bilingual Spanish or Chinese languages is strongly desired
• Applicants must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.