Do you want to be a part of an organization that is fighting climate change, accelerating electric innovation and reinvesting locally? Silicon Valley Clean Energy (SVCE), the community choice electricity provider for 13 communities in Santa Clara County. In providing carbon-free electricity, SVCE has reduced local emissions by 19.8% from the 2015 baseline and are continuing to reduce emissions through innovative community programs focused on electrification of buildings and transportation.
Under staff direction, the fellow’s main task will be to develop, coordinate and plan SVCE’s high school scholarship electric bike building competition. Other tasks include performing community outreach by attending events throughout Santa Clara County to inform and engage residents and businesses to build awareness about their new electricity provider. This position also requires research and analytical tasks for projects and assignments that utilize specific and acquired academic skills and knowledge for a variety of outreach and marketing-related activities.
The work performed for this fellowship requires strong communication, public speaking, creative and independent research skills. Under the direction and guidance of staff, fellows will research opportunities to support outreach and business development.
The successful fellow will:
-Develop and coordinate a high school e-bike scholarship competition
- Perform tasks of an analytical or research nature for suitable projects or ongoing assignments which call for specific acquired academic skills and knowledge.
- Locate sources of information and collect and organize data, as directed.
- Assist with the development of written, graphic and/or oral reports.
- Create messaging and graphics for social media, write news releases and newsletter articles, and other presentation materials.
- Attend community events where SVCE will have a booth (given policies allow and the fellow feels safe attending.)
- Gain knowledge of community choice energy providers and of the energy industry as a whole.
Qualified candidates should be a recent graduate from an academic institution with a degree that will provide the specific skills and knowledge that will contribute to available work assignments.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who is passionate about learning, not afraid to be challenged and excited by the opportunity to apply acquired academic knowledge to real world business endeavors. The following skills are also highly desired:
- Exceptional writing skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Understanding and passion for the traditional and social media landscape
- Strong interviewing and presentation skills
- Graphic design skills highly desired
- Ability to work with a team, as well as independently motivated
- Passion to help build our brand while building your career
- Knowledge of Santa Clara County and its communities
- Bilingual Spanish or Chinese languages is strongly desired
- Applicants must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.