The Electric Vehicle Associate will work with the Alameda County General Services Agency, a national leader in green vehicle deployment, to advance the deployment of all-electric vehicles (EVs). This position will give you the opportunity to collaborate with external partners such as start-ups and equipment manufacturers to help create the tools needed to manage a fleet of EVs. At the same time, you’ll work with employees to promote the use of EVs. The EV Associate will also work on strategies to reduce energy impact from our growing number of EV charging stations. You will support development of transportation-related actions and metrics for the County’s next Climate Action Plan for Government Services and Operations.
Key responsibilities of the EV Associate may include:
• Analysis of greenhouse gas benefit from optimizing energy usage in facilities;
• Determination of financial and environmental savings from reduced energy demand;
• EV driver and charging station studies;
• Assistance with focus groups to gauge perceptions of projects from EV drivers and develop marketing to EV drivers;
• Cost/benefit analysis of energy storage options such as batteries to manage peak-demand usage of electric vehicles;
• Publicity and promotion of projects; and
• Creation of case studies for other fleet managers and facilities managers.
The EV Associate may support other EV-related work, such as:
• Fleet analysis to see if there is more opportunity to shift vehicles from internal combustion engines to EVs;
• Analysis using mygreencar (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory) app to figure out the best cars for the County fleet; and
• Management of grants and programs to expand EV charging stations.
GSA is involved with a wide range of pilot projects and programs to promote sustainable transportation, such as providing tools and encouragement to support employees to clean commute. The EV Associate could take on additional projects in these areas, time and other priorities permitting.
All fellows at Alameda County are able to work with other fellows placed at Alameda County and participate in our award-winning series of trainings and workshops for fellows.
This position offers up to $566 of training and travel reimbursement. (Site supervisor & SEI approval required for reimbursement.)
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.