The Energize Careers program aims to create a diverse and representational sustainability workforce through the economic empowerment of people who experience barriers to employment by helping them to access high-wage, high-growth green career opportunities. The Energize Careers Program provides holistic services to support people experiencing employment barriers through technical training, job placement, and employment support. Energize Careers training partners include pre-apprenticeship programs, apprenticeship programs, community-based training organizations, and community colleges to provide technical sustainability training to underserved individuals, and we collaborate with wrap around service providers and industry partners to provide participants with services and support to secure and retain high-wage, high-growth green career opportunities.
This Energize Careers Fellowship is a full time position based at a Rising Sun, a leading community-based energy and construction career training organization. The Fellow in this position will support the full range of Rising Sun energy and construction career training programs in the Bay Area and San Joaquin Valley.
- An educational background in a sustainability related field (volunteer and internship experience will also be considered). While this is preferred, all candidates with experience in fulfilling responsibilities similar to the ones listed below are welcome to apply;
- Proactive and timely about meeting goals and deadlines
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) capable to engage diverse audiences (community outreach experience is desirable);
- Aptitude for developing and managing new, trusted relationships with a range of individuals and organizations;
- A passion for identifying challenges and creatively developing solutions;
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Support instructors and program staff in offering high quality training for energy and sustainability careers. This may include research, development of instructional materials, resources that support job seekers in accessing high quality employment, and instructional support in the classroom
- Support training partners in program launch, grant management, and participant tracking
- Identify and develop relationships with local employers and partner organizations to support participant recruitment, support services, and job placement
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.