Skyline College in San Bruno is hiring an on-campus Program Coordinator Fellow for the Energize Colleges program, www.energizecolleges.org -- a clean energy workforce development program run in partnership with nonprofit Strategic Energy Innovations. This candidate would support Skyline College students in exploring energy careers and in implementing innovative solutions addressing climate, energy and resource efficiency goals on campus and in the greater San Bruno community. This individual would work closely with their respective college staff and faculty to support student interns, assist faculty members with academic infusion, work to make connections at area high schools, and track project outcomes.
• College Internships: support the recruitment, placement, and management of 10 student interns during the 2018-19 academic year. Scout and meet with potential internship hosts to create meaningful and supported intern positions. Train and oversee the professional development/training of interns in the program ex: lead program orientations, offer and organize valuable skills trainings, field trips etc.
• Sustainability Academic Infusion: assist participating Skyline faculty members with instructional planning, lesson development, direct instruction, and evaluation.
• High School Engagement: Work with regional High School instructors and Skyline interns to brainstorm engagement and instructional opportunities with students at each high school and evaluate their awareness and attitudes.
• Metrics: Fellows will track key evaluation metrics as part of their regular meetings and progress check-ins with each student intern.
• An educational background in environmental policy, science, engineering, sustainable management or planning degrees (volunteer and internship experience will be considered).
• An understanding of clean energy and environmental policy.
• Community outreach, campus organizing, and communications experience.
• Passion for working with youth and campus sustainability.
• Skilled project manager who can balance multiple projects and a busy work environment.