The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) is the largest community college district in the United States and is one of the largest in the world. Through an innovative partnership between SCE and Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI), LACCD will have the Energize Colleges Fellow work to drive forward campus sustainability efforts through infusion of applied energy and sustainability education into college course-work within the District, specifically on the campuses of Los Angeles Southwest College and West Los Angeles College.
The Fellow's responsibilities will include:
- Support academic projects and trainings focused on infusion of energy and sustainability concepts and activities into new and existing academic coursework;
- Identify and connect with campus faculty who are interested in initiating and sustaining such academic projects;
- Assist participating faculty members with instructional planning, lesson development, direct instruction, and evaluation related to such academic projects;
- Identify and develop new opportunities to utilize the campus as a living lab for academic learning;
- Support Energize Colleges program tracking and reporting;
- Accurately track academic projects’ progress and documentation;
- Assist program reporting by developing quarterly narratives on progress of academic projects;
- Support the creation or continuation of campus sustainability committees.
- An educational background in a sustainability related field (volunteer and internship experience will also be considered). While this is preferred, all candidates with experience in fulfilling responsibilities similar to the ones listed above are welcome to apply;
- An emerging understanding of (or desire to learn about) clean energy and engineering;
- Proactive and timely about meeting goals and deadlines
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) capable to engage diverse audiences (community outreach experience is desirable);
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
SEI requires all employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.