This Sustainability Associate position is supported through an innovative partnership between PG&E and Strategic Energy Innovations. Aimed at addressing the myriad of energy and environmental sustainability initiatives, this Fellowship model presents a distinct opportunity to shape energy efficiencies and sustainability practices across sectors and institutional roles.
At the core of this program is developing the next generation of thinkers and doers to help address sustainability in higher education settings. Roles in educational sustainability require a distinct combination of aptitudes including project management, data analytics and community development. In addition to the Climate Corps training and professional certificate, this position offers professional development opportunities designed to help provide the range of skills necessary to execute sustainable programs or practices.
The candidate will work on pressing climate and sustainability problems and be relied upon to work toward replicable solutions. A customized mix of on the job training, field work and class time will help the Fellow hone marketable skills and draw important professional connections while making a marked difference in their community.
Role and Responsibilities
The Cal State East Bay Office of Sustainability is seeking a recent college graduate to fulfill a one-year, full-time Climate Corp Fellowship position as the campus’ Energy & Climate Analyst. Aligning with the California State University East Bay goal to reach carbon neutrality by 2040, and in compliance with California State and California State University System energy efficiency goals and mandates, this position will:
● Collect and analyze energy efficiency data (specific projects may be related to plug load and building energy intensity)
● Make recommendations for improved energy efficiency at Cal State East Bay
● Work with various campus stakeholders to achieve buy-in and support for energy and emissions reduction projects and programs,
● Determine a long-term energy efficiency plan for specific campus buildings and in general
● Conduct energy audits on the Cal State East Bay Hayward Campus, and
● Additional tasks as assigned.