This Sustainability Associate position is supported through an innovative partnership between PG&E and Strategic Energy Innovations. Aimed at addressing the myriad of energy and environmental sustainability initiatives, this Fellowship model presents a distinct opportunity to shape energy efficiencies and sustainability practices across sectors and institutional roles.
At the core of this program is developing the next generation of thinkers and doers to help address sustainability in higher education settings. Roles in educational sustainability require a distinct combination of aptitudes including project management, data analytics and community development. In addition to the Climate Corps training and professional certificate, this position offers professional development opportunities designed to help provide the range of skills necessary to execute sustainable programs or practices.
The candidate will work on pressing climate and sustainability problems and be relied upon to work toward replicable solutions. A customized mix of on the job training, field work and class time will help the Fellow hone marketable skills and draw important professional connections while making a marked difference in their community.
Roles and Responsibilities
The California State University, Sacramento Office of Sustainability is seeking a recent college graduate to fulfill a 10-month, full-time Climate Corp Fellowship position as the campus’ Energy & Climate Fellow. Aligning with the California State University, Sacramento goal to reach carbon neutrality by 2040, and in compliance with California State and California State University System energy efficiency goals and mandates, this position will:
• Create a campus energy action plan connecting the current Strategic Energy plan with the Climate Action Plan
• Assist with Energy Star Portfolio Manager integration into campus Energy Information System
• Assist with development of a campus zero waste plan to reduce scope 3 emissions
• Perform data analysis of building energy performance using campus Energy Information System
• Assist with data logging into campus Energy Information System
• Other duties as assigned