UC Merced is recruiting a recent graduate for a 10-month fellowship to support students in exploring energy careers and in implementing innovative solutions addressing climate, energy, and resource efficiency goals at college campuses across California. This individual will work closely with UC Merced to support student interns, assist faculty members with academic infusion, work to make connections at area high schools, and track projects outcomes.
• College internships: support recruitment and management of student interns each year. Meet with potential internship hosts to ensure that the host can offer meaningful and supported intern positions.
• Academic infusion: assist participating faculty members with instructional planning, lesson development, direct instruction, and evaluation.
• High School engagement: Work with High School instructors and interns to brainstorm engagement and instructional opportunities with students at each high school and evaluate their awareness and attitudes.
• Metrics: Fellows will track key evaluation metrics as part of their regular meetings and progress check-ins with each student intern.
• An educational background in environmental policy, science, engineering, sustainable management or planning degrees (volunteer and internship experience will be considered).
• An understanding of clean energy and environmental policy.
• Community outreach and communications experience.