Are you passionate about changing the market so that buying green products is the easiest choice? The Green Purchasing Associate will manage projects that send a message to the marketplace through Alameda County’s significant purchasing power.
The Green Purchasing Associate will work closely with staff in the Alameda County Sustainability Office to promote and implement green purchasing, green building, and waste reduction projects. 1) You will support the development and integration of green purchasing and green building standards into the operations of our partner County departments by doing technical and market research, engaging stakeholders, publishing purchasing guidelines, and implementing selected strategies. 2) You will develop and lead trainings and campaigns to promote green purchasing and related sustainability actions to employees. 3) You will maintain and update metrics to highlight successes and areas that need further support. To do so, you will work with colleagues throughout the county to gather data, determine what data to highlight, use Excel to develop charts and graphs, and prepare infographics to highlight key findings.
The position will provide significant opportunities to develop professionally, including:
• Conducting technical and market research on green products and services, and synthesizing that research into compelling narratives in multiple formats to affect change;
• Managing projects, such as setting goals, identifying stakeholders and audiences, and developing work products on time;
• Synthesizing technical information into a format suitable for a general audience;
• Navigating change management in a large organization;
• Visualizing data and identifying key lessons to draw from data; and
• Working independently towards goals and outcomes that are developed as a team.
This position offers up to $566 of training and travel reimbursement. (Site supervisor & SEI approval required for reimbursement.)
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Oakland, CA