About Silicon Valley Clean Energy
SVCE is a community choice energy provider serving the majority of Santa Clara County communities, acquiring clean, carbon-free electricity on behalf of more than 270,000 residential and commercial customers. Member jurisdictions include Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Saratoga, Sunnyvale and unincorporated Santa Clara County. SVCE was formed in March 2016, inspired by a common interest in taking bold and effective climate action. Since launching, SVCE has exceeded the state mandate to procure 50% renewable energy by 2030, more than a decade ahead of schedule. In 2017, SVCE’s power supply had an emissions rate of less than one pound of carbon dioxide per megawatt hour, a 99% decrease in electricity emissions.
In December 2018, SVCE's Board of Directors adopted the Decarbonization Strategy and Programs Roadmap, which provides the strategies and implementation steps SVCE will carry out to achieve deep decarbonization and meet the goal of cutting carbon emissions in half by 2030. The Roadmap highlights six focus areas, including procuring and maintaining a sustainable, affordable and carbon-free power supply, electrifying buildings and transportation, promoting energy efficiency and successful grid integration, customer engagement and innovation.
Silicon Valley Clean Energy (SVCE) is seeking an Innovation Analyst to support the development and implementation of two innovation programs for SVCE service territory.
• Support the design, development, launch and implementation of Innovation Onramp and Innovation Partners, the two programs approved in SVCE’s Decarb Roadmap
• Analyze innovative and disruptive technologies, business models, policies and financing mechanisms, and their potential for supporting SVCE’s decarbonization mission
• Support the development of partnerships and collaborations with accelerators, incubators, research institutions, start-ups, corporates, member cities, commercial customers, and other key stakeholder groups
• Assist in sharing findings with the energy sector, academic community and other interested stakeholders
• Bachelors in relevant field such as economics, science, engineering, finance or math
• Basic understanding of the energy sector, built environment and/or transportation electrification
• Ability to work individually and in teams, as needed
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in the design, development and/or execution of pilots and proofs of concept
• Experience evaluating emerging technologies, business models, policies and financing mechanism
• Subject matter expertise in the energy sector, built environment, and/or transportation electrification
• Self-directed and comfortable operating in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment
• Passionate about addressing climate change