About Climate Resolve
Climate Resolve builds collaborations to champion equitable climate solutions. We connect communities, organizations and policymakers to address a global problem with local action. We inclusively develop practical initiatives that reduce climate pollution and prepare for climate impacts. Using our collective power to tackle climate change, we are creating a thriving California and inspiring others to act. Our purpose is a just and resilient future.
As part of our mission to realize climate solutions in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, Climate Resolve concurrently manages a number of initiatives that are designed to promote and implement equitable strategies that improve the lives of residents now in the face of climate change -- not 50, 30, or even 15 years down the line. To achieve this goal, part of our work includes translating the science of climate impacts into communications and media that are understood by the public and galvanize them to take action. Additionally, we lead outreach campaigns which offer possibilities for individuals to implement tangible, realistic climate solutions on a day-to-day basis that have a net benefit to their lives and livelihoods. The Fellow’s role and contributions to these initiatives will include working with our Outreach staff to share real, local solutions to climate change with Angelenos and Southern Californians as a spokesperson and ambassador for Climate Resolve, seeking to build new partnerships with local community groups and constituents. Additionally, the Fellow will work with our Communications staff to create shareable media content that will highlight Climate Resolve’s and our partners’ multi-pronged approach to achieving equitable climate resilience strategies.
- Research and compile a roster of community-oriented events and opportunities for tabling and outreach
- Communicate in a timely manner with local stakeholders in order to schedule in-person presentations
- Participate in ongoing presentations for local stakeholders, including some weekend outreach events
- Contribute to ad hoc event planning duties in support of outreach initiatives across the Los Angeles region
- Create written copy and visual content that helps tell the story of Climate Resolve’s programmatic efforts and the work of our partners
- Translate climate research and policy into accessible media content
- Contribute to organizational communications work products, such as the content calendar, with evergreen and time-bound ideas for engagement with the public
- Bachelor’s Degree (Communications or Environmental Studies major preferred)
- Experience with in-person outreach, eg. tabling, canvassing & comfortable speaking in public with diverse communities in a professional and personable manner
- Experience creating social media content and basic graphics
- Knowledgeable about the scientific and human impacts of climate change
- At least some familiarity with the Southern California landscape (particular sectors of interest include: NGOs, service, health, faith, academia, and local government)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a willingness to ask for help as needed
- Excellent time management skills with ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Energetic and outgoing with a sense of fun!
Work Sample Request
- Please include a past writing sample (400 words or less) or a portfolio of work (ex. social
media graphics, inforgraphics, gifs, etc) with your application
- Bilingual in Spanish or another language of one of Los Angeles’ communities, such as Armenian, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Tagalog, Thai, or Vietnamese
- Knowledgeable about climate policy and advocacy in the Southern California context
- Adept at photography and familiar with video production technology, such as Adobe Premier