The Outreach Representative will aid SJCE’s Account Management, Marketing and Communications team by:
· Collecting, analyzing, and visualizing customer data to help target customers for special programs and rates
· Coordinating meetings and events for commercial customers
· Communicating with commercial customers about their sustainability reporting
· Helping develop a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and training staff on how to use it
· Helping enroll new customer groups in 2020
· Conduct market analysis on vehicle electrification, building electrification, and distributed energy resource
· Evaluate San Jose Clean Energy potential programs through qualitative and quantitative data collection
· Support programs outreach and events by coordinating with key stakeholders
The position will involve research, data analysis, verbal and written communication, coordination, and planning. The Outreach Representative will learn about SJCE’s customer programs and benefits by working with staff, but will also work independently and with other staff on their focus area. They will be assigned to work with a manager based on their focus area. This is an opportunity to gain experience and understanding of the renewable electricity utility industry, public (government) sector programs, climate and energy legislation, environmental initiatives, and community outreach and engagement.
Ideal candidates will be self-starters with an ability to work independently while meeting deadlines. Candidates should be comfortable working with diverse stakeholders and have a general understanding of renewable energy, climate change and sustainability. Candidates should also have strong written and verbal communications, creative thinking, and research skills. Fellows will be required to learn about SJCE and be able to communicate SJCE’s benefits, vision and programs when necessary. The fellowship position will have no supervisory responsibilities.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.