Join an exciting community-driven non-profit combating food insecurity through urban agriculture and community building. Each Green Corner (EGC) is a non-profit organization based in San Mateo County that solicits, designs, installs and assists in maintenance of vegetable/fruit gardens at school sites, residential gardens, non-profit organizations and more, with excess produce harvested by EGC for donation to non-profit food distribution partners. EGC’s mission also includes educating and increasing awareness around issues of food security, nutrition, public health, mental and physical health, sustainability in agriculture, and the intersection of all of these issues with urban agriculture. To learn more about EGC programs and services please visit: https://eachgreencorner.org.
EGC seeks a full-time dynamic, results-oriented professional dedicated to food justice and sustainable agriculture who is interested in becoming a key player in a dynamic, flexible, rapidly scaling organization. As our Program Coordinator, you will manage daily operations for our three programs— Residential Gardens, Living Campus, and Seedling Starter—by:
• Leading day-to-day program operations to ensure alignment with EGC’s mission and strategic goals;
• Serving as internal hub for program-specific collaborations between operations, design, development, communications and development teams;
• Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers and interns;
• Managing and serving as primary communications contact for existing partners and volunteers;
• Conducting outreach and education to the general community and potential partners/volunteers;
• Coordinating and overseeing installations, maintenance, and troubleshooting across sites;
• Collaborating with agricultural advisors to create seasonal planting lists across sites and manage seedling inventories;
• Supervising regular work days on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year;
• Collaborating with administrative team to develop, implement and monitor annual program evaluation, strategic plan, operating plan, budgets, and special projects;
• Other program-related activities as needed.
This position requires on-site work within San Mateo County regularly on weekends and occasionally on weekdays, with weekday hours flexible. Full-time, short work week options available. Position is conducted remotely outside of on-site time.
Candidates should have:
• Positive, collaborative approach with a passion for urban agriculture, equity and food justice, education, community building, and/or environmental/sustainability issues;
• Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience in program management, public health, environmental justice/sustainability, agriculture, or related field;
• Experience working in low-income communities, schools, and/or community-based (non-profit) agencies;
• Attention to professionalism and cultural competence in all manner of family and community engagement;
• Willingness to regularly work weekends;
• Access to a car, possession of a valid driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance;
• Familiarity with G Suite platform, especially Sheets;
• Comfort with budgeting, and experience or interest in learning basic accounting/bookkeeping;
• Exacting attention to detail;
• An ability to work independently to execute tasks, while seeking support and feedback as appropriate; and
• Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.