The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 6,000 employees in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, communication, task completed and interaction. Entrepreneurialism is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are focused on staying on the forefront of the market.
About Climate Corps:
SunPower is hiring a Project Analyst Fellow through Climate Corps. Managed by the non-profit SEI, Climate Corps is a 10-month fellowship program for emerging professionals in the sustainability field. This is SunPower’s sixth year partnering with Climate Corps to host a cohort of fellows.
• Report to Corporate Finance Senior Manager to support corporate finance, strategic projects, treasury initiatives, and SunPower’s legacy utility scale solar projects
• Support day-to-day monitoring and execution of transactions and internal initiatives
• Develop and manage financial dashboards and project trackers
• Support SunPower’s utility scale portfolio by tracking customer warranty requests, managing communication with suppliers, opening purchase orders, and tracking open action items.
• Manage and track letter of credit issuances and cancellations in support of business units on-going needs
• Engage with the broader FP&A, Accounting, and Internal Audit community by supporting quarterly reviews and forecasting processes
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
• Ability to manage projects involving internal / external parties with defined timelines
• Excellent and proactive communication abilities (both written and oral)
• Proficient with and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail
• Ability to work effectively on a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
• Organizational skills and creative problem solving abilities
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and to take initiative
• Bachelor’s degree
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, mathematics, business/finance, economics, etc.)
• Candidates with work experience, especially as related to the energy industry
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
SEI requires all employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.