Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 6,000 employees in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, communication, task completed and interaction. Entrepreneurialism is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are focused on staying on the forefront of the market.
We are seeking a Fellow who will be part of SunPower’s Commercial sales team. In this role, you will work with experienced sales analysts to gain an understanding of all aspects of the solar market as well as support other members of the Sales team. In this effort you will have the opportunity to interact with SunPower's Project Finance, Business Development, and EPCOM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Operation and Maintenance) teams to develop compelling customer value propositions.
Strong analytical skills and multi-faceted communication strategies are required for this position. You will understand and work with customer energy usage data, contractual matters including Power Purchase Agreements (“PPAs”), analytic models (excel spreadsheets, lease pricing), and will become familiar with both solar and energy storage industries. Depending on both business needs as well as fellow performance, SunPower is open to making an offer for full-time employment at the end of the fellowship. However, this is not guaranteed, and candidates should base their interest solely on the merits of the fellowship 10-month period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide creative input to bid strategy and assess new business opportunities
- Research available incentives to maximize positive impact to project bottom lines
- Work closely with cost estimators on project development
- Work closely with the Project Finance Group on creative deal structuring, new financing options, green tags, power purchase agreements, etc.
- Continually streamline, standardize and improve processes and templates integral to the Commercial team’s success
- Form deep working relationships with other SunPower departments, including Project Management, Design Engineering and Finance, to streamline the delivery of contract-level projects to the execution team
- Determine feasibility and unique cost savings for new value propositions like Solar + Storage projects
- Periodically analyze new projects to determine optimal design and cost, supporting top market segments and initiatives, assessing the effectiveness of different value propositions and financing options etc.
- Pursue internal avenues for career development by working on strategic long-term projects
- Familiarity with project economic, analyses and financing.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to apply concepts such as proportions and regressions to drive analytical approaches to business challenges.
- Well organized, and able to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Energetic self-starter.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, mathematics, business/finance, economics, etc.)
- Candidates with work experience, especially as related to the energy industry
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.