SEI is a San Rafael based nonprofit with over two decades of experience in helping communities embrace sustainability. Our Energize Colleges program drives forward campus sustainability efforts by assisting with the implementation of innovative solutions to climate change and resource efficiency challenges as well as supporting college students to explore energy and sustainability related careers.
SEI is currently hiring for multiple Energize Colleges Fellow positions to support California higher education institutions in their sustainability efforts.
The Energize Colleges Fellowship is a 10-month, full time position based at a California higher education institution in Northern California, the Bay Area, or the Monterey area. The Fellow will represent and drive the Energize Colleges programmatic mission at their placement site, acting as the key point of connection between SEI and the educational institution.
An educational background in a sustainability related field (volunteer and internship experience will also be considered). While this is preferred, all candidates with experience in fulfilling responsibilities similar to the ones listed below are welcome to apply;
An emerging understanding of (or desire to learn about) clean energy and environmental policy;
Strong communication skills (written and verbal) capable to engage diverse audiences (community outreach experience is desirable);
Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Manage the student internship program component at their placement site:
- Identify and secure collaborations with on- and off-campus internships hosts that can offer energy and sustainability internship projects;
- Support recruitment of students for secured internship positions;
- Create strong connections with internship host partners to ensure intern support and a sustainable, ongoing collaboration with the program;
- Support student interns throughout the internship, especially with keeping track of and producing required deliverables.
- Support academic projects focused on infusion of energy and sustainability concepts and activities into new and existing academic coursework:
- Identify and connect with campus faculty who are interested in initiating and sustaining such academic projects;
- Assist participating faculty members with instructional planning, lesson development, direct instruction, and evaluation related to such academic projects;
- Identify and develop new opportunities to utilize the campus as a living lab for academic learning.
- Support Energize Colleges program tracking and reporting:
- Work closely with managed student interns to ensure timely completion of key internship tasks and accurate tracking and reporting on key performance indicators;
- Accurately track academic projects’ progress and documentation;
- Assist program reporting by developing quarterly narratives on student internships and progress of academic projects.
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: San Mateo, CA