This position is supported through an innovative partnership between Oliver Wyman and Strategic Energy Innovations. Aimed at addressing a myriad of environmental and social sustainability initiatives, this Fellowship model presents a unique opportunity to support sustainability and social impact efforts across institutional stakeholders ranging from operations and reporting to future strategy and decision-support.
At the core of this program is developing the next generation of thinkers and doers to help address climate impacts across sectors in the natural world, built environment, and throughout local communities. Roles in corporate sustainability require a distinct combination of aptitudes including project coordination, data analytics and strategic thinking.
In addition to the Climate Corps training and professional certificate, this position offers professional development opportunities designed to help provide the range of skills necessary to execute sustainable programs or practices. This may include but is not limited to supporting ESG and CDP reporting, coordinating multiple projects, and liaising with senior stakeholders.
The candidate will work on pressing environmental and social sustainability problems and be relied upon to work toward replicable solutions. A customized mix of on the job training, field work and class time will help the Fellow hone marketable skills and draw important professional connections while making an impact through supporting Oliver Wyman.
Role and Responsibilities:
This role supports Oliver Wyman’s Carbon Neutrality program and Sustainability employee engagement and Oliver Wyman for Society (Social Impact, Volunteering, and Fundraising) program through a variety of administrative, research, communication, and advisory tasks.
Carbon Neutrality Program
- Support the sustainable operations team and its work, with a particular emphasis on establishing best practices to achieve sustainability and tracking behavioral change and impacts
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with working groups, organize and document progress, and prepare updates for the Steering Committee.
- Develop a library of best practices and resources in Google Drive
- Assist with annual emissions data collection for Oliver Wyman in coordination with parent company, Marsh & McLennan. Review data and conduct gap analysis to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in reporting processes and strategies for reduction.
- Utilizing Excel and Tableau, refine and improve tracking and reporting systems so that they can be replicated and shared across teams with clearly defined roles.
- Review and research the current landscape of options to enable a potential net-zero commitment, collecting and ranking potential pathways. Prepare executive summaries, synthesizing and analyzing across strategic dimensions as they relate to Oliver Wyman’s current and potential future commitments.
- Provide short and long-term decision support around alignment with best practices and industry standards in the field of voluntary carbon offsetting, such as the Oxford Principles, Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi), and other net-zero initiatives specific to the corporate sector.
- Understand current programming within Natural Capital Partners portfolio and serve as thought partner to further strategize future offset potential, compiling PowerPoint presentations that map out critical pathways and provide research summaries.
Engagement & Communication
- Develop employee engagement opportunities for the Carbon Neutrality program, such as coordinating content for a webinar education series on Oliver Wyman’s offset portfolio
- Liaise with the Green Champion leadership team and Internal Communications to promote engagement, design Earth Month campaigns, and other initiatives.
OW for Society Program Coordination
- Pull reports from Benevity for regular report and ad-hoc requests
- Use pivot tables in Excel or other data visualization tools to identify compelling narratives across volunteering and other philanthropic efforts.
- Categorize the firm’s non-profit organization relationships to identify opportunities to expand impact, either geographically or through additional OW programs.
- Explore fundraising campaign function on Benevity as a potential new program
- Assemble quarterly reporting documents and PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Schedule team and project calls for the global Oliver Wyman for Society team.
- Prepare meeting agendas, facilitate meetings, and keep record of outcomes, next steps, and updates to the team. Maintain and revise all shared documents and report out accordingly.
- Support the program leader’s calendar for program-related meeting coordination and scheduling.
- Maintain and improve master files (i.e. global project pipeline tracker, playbook, contact lists, budget toolkit and recruiting information)
- Manage distribution lists and Slack channels.
- Support internal and external communications efforts to promote the program. Manage the Tableau Dashboard and continue to propose refinements for implementation.