The Office of Sustainability at Chapman University oversees a wide variety of initiatives including, but not limited to energy management and efficiency, waste and water management, food and landscaping initiatives, and procurement. This position assists in supporting, maintaining, developing, and implementing daily operations and programs related to sustainable practices such as waste minimization, recycling, energy conservation, food security and local food, and regular data reporting and analysis.
* Help to manage the community garden including promotion, management of beds and transitioning beds to new users every semester, and planning educational activities in the garden to increase awareness and use.
* Provide staff support to the Sustainability Committee (scheduling meeting, taking minutes, organizing)
* Support data collection and analysis of campus water, electricity and gas use.
* Support collection of data for emissions inventory, feasibility studies and similar projects.
* Help manage public events such as Earth Month, Sustainability Month, Eco Olympics, and other special events.
* Assists in pursuit of governmental and private grants for sustainability research and projects.
* Provides support in planning for campus sustainability events.
* Helps to maintain the campus sustainability website, updating frequently with events, news, and announcements.
* Helps to facilitate other sustainability programs initiated by student, faculty, and staff as deemed appropriate.
* Engage in cross campus encouragement of Sustainability practices.
* Work in a collaborative team environment with all Dining Services, Landscape, and Custodial team members.
* Other duties as assigned.
SEI requires employees to be Vaccinated against COVID-19
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, older adults, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.