The UCOP Sustainability Reporting and Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Associate Directors and the Director of Sustainability to advance the University of California’s progress towards meeting its aggressive Carbon Neutrality and sustainability goals. This Fellow will oversee communications and outreach activities, analyze sustainability data and report on progress toward system wide goals, support UC student Fellows, and help advance sustainability programs within UCOP’s internal operations.
Projects and tasks will include some of the following:
• Help to coordinate sustainability projects within the UC Office of the President’s internal operations, such as the recommendations outlined in waste and water action plans
• Collect, analyze, and compile data and qualitative information for UC’s Annual Sustainability Report, state and federal reporting, and the Sustainability Steering Committee.
• Track UCOP’s sustainability efforts
• Produce the bi-weekly UC Sustainability newsletter
• Manage the UC Climate Twitter account
• Update content on the UC Sustainability website
• Help support and coordinate the activities of the campus Carbon Neutrality Fellows
• Serve as a liaison to student sustainability organizations
• Assist with other projects and support system-wide sustainability work groups (topics TBD depending on interest and experience).
The position will provide significant opportunities to develop professionally, including:
• Understanding how a sustainability program is managed within a large organization
• Developing and implementing communications and outreach strategies across multiple sites and multiple stakeholder groups within a large organization
• Tracking, analyzing, and reporting on sustainability metrics
• Developing best practices across a range of sustainability operations topics (e.g., waste, water, food, transportation, energy, purchasing, etc.)