SEI Sustainability Fellow - Webcor
As a member of the Webcor Sustainability Team, your role is to stay abreast of the most recent changes to green building rating systems, technologies and methodologies. The SEI Sustainability Fellow will support the Department in being the visionary for the company and serve as the knowledge bank of all things related to sustainability in construction.
Based in the San Francisco Office within the Sustainability Department, the SEI Sustainability Fellow will work closely with the Senior Sustainability Manager and Sustainability Specialist to advance the organizations corporate social responsibility program. As an integral contributor to the team, you will assist with the adoption of green building policies and continuous improvement of sustainability best practices.
Projects could include the development of tools to track and quantify construction activity carbon impact, lifecycle assessment of early design decisions, implement cross-company construction waste management improvements, and support corporate Green Team programmatic goals.
The SEI Sustainability Fellow will collaborate with internal Departments such as Estimating, HR, Safety, Jobsite Offices, Green Team Local Leaders, vendors, and consultants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop data collection and calculation application to quantify overall carbon impact of jobsite activity, measuring against a corporate baseline, identifying target areas for carbon reduction opportunities/strategies
• Run embodied carbon impact analysis of client project designs to identify comprehensive impact of structural and interior design decisions
• Work with Webcor project teams to ensure compliance with the LEED requirements and help develop documentation for USGBC/GBCI Certification
• Assist project teams in green building project oversight, administration and documentation during construction and closeout.
• Assist in development of template tracking tools and alternative training resources associated with project team green building management.
• Assist jobsites and office implementation of our corporate Employee Workplace Community Checklist
• Rollout new and ongoing Green Team programs in partnership with the local leaders to help support team mission: Efficient operations with low environmental footprint and minimal waste
• Assist in continued maintenance of Sustainability Department Best Practices and ISO Audit feedback.
• Research and develop emerging green building content for ad hoc ops or department specific presentations on innovative sustainability technologies, code changes, and industry trends.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Significant knowledge of the LEED Project Certification and Accreditation processes.
• Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Ability to gather information from various sources, analyze and find a solution to the problem via data assessment.
• Experience in design and construction contracting, owner-designer-GC-trade relationships and construction means & methods are a plus.
• Working experience with rating systems other than LEED - Living Building Challenge and Green Point Rated are a plus.
• Eagerness to continuously learn.
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS REQUIRED
• Demonstrated leadership ability and communication skills in building relationships with vendors, suppliers, clients and internal project teams.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines with constantly changing tasks and demands.
• Ability to write clear and concise thoughts in a professional manner.
• Possess beginning level public speaking and presentation skills for internal and external presentations.
• Promote and demonstrate safety as a key element of company policy.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team and illustrate consistent team player mentality no matter the task at hand.
• Sustainability Management, Environmental Studies, Environmental Engineering, Energy Management or other similar degree preferred
• Minimum two years’ experience in LEED and/or Sustainability/Environmental Consulting
• Current LEED or WELL Accreditation
• Experience with research and compiling data
• Experience with collaborating with others
• A dynamic, collaborative and fun working environment.
• A creative and caring culture that values Bold, Innovate, Community, Craft and Trust.
• Exposure to a broad and deep network of construction professionals.
• Healthy and innovative office workplace.
• Invaluable experience working cross functionally with diverse internal and external audiences.